Today, Virginia Athletics announced multiple changes to Virginia Sports’ upcoming games for Friday, Sept. 14, Saturday, Sept. 15 and possibly Sunday, Sept. 16, due to Hurricane Florence.
The home football game versus Ohio, scheduled for Saturday September 15th at Scott Stadium, has been moved to Vanderbilt Stadium on the campus of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. Kickoff will take place at 4:30pm ET. Television broadcast plans are still in the works. Admission into Vanderbilt will be free, and Virginia Athletics will offer refunds to fans who purchased tickets through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office.
- The men’s and women’s cross country teams’ Panorama Farms Invitational has been cancelled.
- The home men’s soccer game versus Notre Dame has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
- The field hockey game at North Carolina has been postponed and make-up dates will be announced.
- Women’s soccer at Virginia Tech has been postponed and will also be made-up later.
- Volleyball vs. VCU in Richmond is currently scheduled to still take place.
Other sports on Saturday, such as volleyball and golf are still scheduled to take place. A decision has not been made for field hockey’s Sunday game vs. Liberty.
Hurricane Florence is currently classified as a Category 4 storm and coastal areas of Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina face mandatory evacuations.